Re: [HACKERS] Error in new psql

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Jan Wieck <wieck(at)debis(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Error in new psql
Date: 1999-12-11 02:45:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 1999-12-11, Jan Wieck mentioned:

> I added a check to the rules regression test after that, to
> ensure it never happens again. Unfortunately, Peter's
> enforcement to use old psql for regression prevented it from
> showing up.

To be completely honest, I was just waiting to see what this was good
for. As you have seen (or not), it was more or less disabled but still
there.

Regarding the regression tests, before any more of this stuff gets thrown
around, how do you regenerate the output? Easily? Do it now. As far as I'm
concerned, psql is finished. Anything else will be bug-fixing.

I'm planning on some sort of beta somewhere around Feb 1st with release on
Feb 29th (to prove Y2K compliancy). If we don't come up with a name by
then, we can always start naming it after Norse gods.

--
Peter Eisentraut Sernanders väg 10:115
peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net 75262 Uppsala