Re: [HACKERS] Re: HISTORY for 6.5.2

From: Ryan Kirkpatrick <rkirkpat(at)nag(dot)cs(dot)colorado(dot)edu>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: HISTORY for 6.5.2
Date: 1999-09-15 23:49:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, Lamar Owen wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, Ryan Kirkpatrick wrote:
> > Yea, I am still around, though a bit busy with school at the
> > moment. I should be able to get 6.5.2beta downloaded and the alpha patches
> > updated for it by Monday if you want me to try. Or, if you get an updated
> > alpha patch before then, email it to me, and I will try it out. TTYL.
>
> You know that code far better than I; if you have time, applying those patches
> to the final 6.5.2 would be a nice thing. I'm applying my time to getting RPM
> upgrading working -- many thanks to Oliver Elphick for the Debian upgrade
> scripts, some of which are very useful even in an RPM context.

Ok, I will do so this weekend, providing there are not too many
things broken. I will let you know on Monday what the status is. :)
Though, is the 6.5.2beta tar ball on the ftp site the one I want to work
with, or do I want to go from something from CVS? And if so, what is the
relevant tag?

> Those 6.5.1 patches made alot of people very happy -- the guys at RedHat in
> particular. Bravo to Uncle George for them originally, and bravo to you for
> the backpatch and packaging to 6.5.1! Those patches, incidentally, will ship
> with RedHat 6.1, if nothing happens between now and release time.

Good to hear, and you are welcome! Hopefully by 6.6 the patches
will not be needed and Linux/Alpha will finally be a fully supported pgsql
platform!

PS. Now that I made people at RedHat happy, can I get some of
thier stock? :) **Just kidding**

| "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." |
| --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV) |
| Ryan Kirkpatrick | Boulder, Colorado | http://www.rkirkpat.net/ |