Re: image storing

From: <bmccoy(at)chapelperilous(dot)net>
To: Efrain Caro <betsemes(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: Adam Lang <aalang(at)rutgersinsurance(dot)com>, PGSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: image storing
Date: 2000-10-06 20:49:26
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, Efrain Caro wrote:

> But I think that hyperlinks would be a good addition to data types
> repertoire to pgsql. Maybe not for the database to be used as web browser
> (that was a funny comment, sorry if it were not intended to be so), but for
> serving a sites database, for example.

I'm not sure I follow you. How would something like this be used in
PostgreSQL, as an example, as opposed to using a string and printing it to
the web browser screen via a CGI script/PHP/Mason/JSP/ASP/etc? A
hyperlink is just a URL/URI inside a "<a href=""></a>" tag, right?

Yes, the comment was intended to be funny. :-)

Brett W. McCoy
http://www.chapelperilous.net
The hope that springs eternal
Springs right up your behind.