Re: [HACKERS] Re: UnixWare

From: Thomas Good <tomg(at)nrnet(dot)org>
To: "Billy G(dot) Allie" <Bill(dot)Allie(at)mug(dot)org>
Cc: Andrew Merrill <andrew(at)thatch2(dot)compclass(dot)com>, dms(at)wplus(dot)net, pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: UnixWare
Date: 1999-06-18 11:04:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Billy G. Allie wrote:

Billy,

I have such a box (running 2.1.2 and pg 6.3.2) and linked no problem (see
earlier post) by telling the linker to use /usr/ucblib.

Thomas Lockhart would like me to document this along with Dmitri S and
Andrew...but I am underqualifed (generally ;-)

Care to assist?

Cheers,
Tom Good

> Under UnixWare 2.x, alloca is in the UCB library (libucb.a ?). The easist way
> to link in alloca is to extract it from libucb.a and either link in the
> alloca.o file or put it into the libgen.a library and the link in via -lgen.
> Why now just link in lubucb.a you ask? The are routines in libucb.a that you
> do not want to get linked into the object in place of the regular routines
> with the same name. I have ran my UnixWare 2.x system (when I had it) with
> alloca in libgen.a with out any problems.
>
> This was the setup I used to compile Postgres 6.3.x when I had UnixWare 2.x.
> [Hmmm.... It looks like I should put together a 486 box to run Unixware 2.x
> on so that I can test new versions of PostgreSQL on it].
>
> --
> ____ | Billy G. Allie | Domain....: Bill(dot)Allie(at)mug(dot)org
> | /| | 7436 Hartwell | Compuserve: 76337,2061
> |-/-|----- | Dearborn, MI 48126| MSN.......: B_G_Allie(at)email(dot)msn(dot)com
> |/ |LLIE | (313) 582-1540 |

------- North Richmond Community Mental Health Center -------

Thomas Good MIS Coordinator
Vital Signs: tomg@ { admin | q8 } .nrnet.org
Phone: 718-354-5528
Fax: 718-354-5056

/* Member: Computer Professionals For Social Responsibility */