Re: Include files for SPI are not installed

From: Karel Zak <zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz>
To: Oliver Elphick <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Include files for SPI are not installed
Date: 2001-02-06 18:17:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Oliver Elphick wrote:

> Certain include files are installed by src/include/Makefile and by
> interfaces/libpq++/Makefile. However, they in turn include others that
> are not installed, thus obviating the usefulness of the ones that are.

In your module you can use arbitrary routines from PG not only SPI,
for example you trigger needs work with some datetypes and for this
needs include anything from include/utils/ ... It expect install *all*
header files. Not is better download PG sources and use -I option for
your gcc?

I expect header files on /usr/include/pgsql for client programming not
for SPI.

Karel