Re: [HACKERS] CFH: Mariposa, distributed DB

From: Karel Zak - Zakkr <zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz>
To: Don Baccus <dhogaza(at)pacifier(dot)com>
Cc: "Ross J(dot) Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)wallace(dot)ece(dot)rice(dot)edu>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] CFH: Mariposa, distributed DB
Date: 2000-02-08 15:44:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

the Mariposa db distribution is interesting, but it is very specific. If I
good understand it is not real-time and global synchronized DB replication.
But for a lot of users (and me) is probably interestion on-line DB replication
and synchronization. How much users have 10K servers?

I explore current PG's source and is probably possible create support for
on-line replication. My idea is replicate data on a heap_ layout. The parser,
planer and executor run on local backend and replicate straight-out tuples
to the others servers (nodes). It needs synchronize PG's locks too.
In near future I want start project for PG on-line replication. Or works on
this anyone now? Comments?

Karel