Re: SAP DB: The unsung Open Source DB

From: Jonathan Bartlett <johnnyb(at)eskimo(dot)com>
To: Vernon Smith <vwu98034(at)lycos(dot)com>
Cc: Ned Lilly <ned(at)nedscape(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
Subject: Re: SAP DB: The unsung Open Source DB
Date: 2003-07-24 18:09:27
Lists: pgsql-general

> What I know is the opposite. SAP DB is very easy to install, at least on Windows.

I had a terrible time with it. Although the software installed fine,
trying to get an actual DB up and running was a total nightmare. Maybe
they've improved since last December, but I had tons of trouble. I tried
to use their "demo setup" as a template to set up another database
instance, but was unsuccessful.

Jon