Re: Which OS to Use for Postgresql

From: larry a price <laprice(at)efn(dot)org>
To: Al Frick <bscinc2000(at)yahoo(dot)comNOSPAM>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Which OS to Use for Postgresql
Date: 2001-05-18 15:10:48
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, 16 May 2001, Al Frick wrote:

> Which operating system should I use for a Postgresql server?

You should probably use something you know well, at least at first.

> Linux? Which version?

Debian is a reasonable choice if you're going to go the linux route, so is
redhat, use slackware only if you want to learn rather a lot about linux
internals, the *bsd operating systems are also strong and reliable.

> I do database work for several medium size companies. They have about
> 100 users per company. One has 3 different locations. All woul dlike
> to put some data on the internet, both publish and input from the
> internet.
>
> Is there anywhere that discusses configurations for postgresql?

http://www.techdocs.postgresql.org

good luck