Re: my problem for i/o error when i use postgre

From: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
To: shiguoying <shiguoying(at)yeah(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: my problem for i/o error when i use postgre
Date: 2008-03-10 15:02:08
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008, shiguoying wrote:

> I have a problem for i/o error when i using java programming.it happend
> when I disconnect database.but ,i'm not sure its database'bug or my
> programming'bug.I follow a text in attachment.

Well, if you disconnected the database, there's no bug there; these all
look like the regular exceptions that Hibernate/Spring throw when the
database disappears. If you want to recover from them usefully you'll
have to update your application code to handle that.

If the database crashed without you touching anything that might be a
database bug, but in that case it would be the PostgreSQL logs that have
useful information rather than these.