Re: Fwd: pgsql configuration

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Pau Marc Munoz Torres <paumarc(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PgSQL General ML <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fwd: pgsql configuration
Date: 2008-03-10 15:16:44
Lists: pgsql-general

Pau Marc Munoz Torres wrote:
> Thanks Craig
>
> just one more question, most of the variables at
> /home/postgresql/data/postgresql.conf file are commented (the directory
> /home/postgresql/data is where i found PG_VERSION file), should i it be
> commented in my postgresql.conf file?

Yes, that's normal. Most of them are commented out to show you what the
defaults are and how to change them.

If you still have problems, please reply and mention crucial details like:

- Your PostgreSQL version

- Your operating system and version (eg "Fedore Core 6" or "Solaris 10")

- How you normally start and stop postgresql

--
Craig Ringer