[Pljava-dev] One more question today: Permision failure in Backend.java

From: books at ejurka(dot)com (Kris Jurka)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] One more question today: Permision failure in Backend.java
Date: 2008-03-05 19:06:55
Lists: pljava-dev

On Wed, 5 Mar 2008, Mike Toler wrote:

> I'm attempting to open and read a file from within my java application
> triggered by postgres.
>
> I'm doing a simple "FileInputStream" command to open the file:
> wsdl = new FileInputStream(wsdlFile);

Embedded postgresql server languages come in two versions, trusted and
untrusted. The "java" language is trusted meaning that it won't let
normal users escape security permissions setup for them. For example if
they could open any file, they could open the database files directly and
read data they shouldn't have access to. You probably want the "javaU"
language which is untrusted.

http://wiki.tada.se/display/pljava/Security
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/plperl-trusted.html

Kris Jurka