[Pljava-dev] One more question today: Permision failure in Backend.java

From: mike(dot)toler at prodeasystems(dot)com (Mike Toler)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] One more question today: Permision failure in Backend.java
Date: 2008-03-05 18:32:16
Lists: pljava-dev

I'm attempting to open and read a file from within my java application
triggered by postgres.

I'm doing a simple "FileInputStream" command to open the file:
wsdl = new FileInputStream(wsdlFile);

I see this error:
ERROR:
org.postgresql.pljava.TriggerException: In Trigger
provisionorder_trigger on relation serviceproviderprovisioned: Failed to
validate WSDL.
WSDL file =
/var/lib/pgsql/prodeasystems.net/provisionOrders.wsdl

read on
/var/lib/pgsql/prodeasystems.net/provisionOrders.wsdl
java.lang.SecurityException: read on
/var/lib/pgsql/prodeasystems.net/provisionOrders.wsdl
at
org.postgresql.pljava.internal.Backend$1.assertPermission(Backend.java:1
76)
at
org.postgresql.pljava.internal.Backend$PLJavaSecurityManager.nonRecursiv
eCheck(Backend.java:111)
at
org.postgresql.pljava.internal.Backend$PLJavaSecurityManager.checkPermis
sion(Backend.java:89)
at
java.lang.SecurityManager.checkRead(Unknown Source)
at
java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at
java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at
com.prodeasystems.rsc.prvstester.Provisioning.validateWsdl(Provisioning.
java:544)
at
com.prodeasystems.rsc.prvstester.Provisioning.ProvisionOrder2(Provisioni
ng.java:327)

This is the section of code that seems to be sending the error. If I'm
reading it right, I have to have my DATA file deployed in the
"java.home" directory? Is that true? Where is the "java.home" variable
set for pljava/Postgres?

154 private static final SecurityManager
s_trustedSecurityManager = new PLJavaSecurityManager()
155 {
156 void assertPermission(Permission perm)
157 {
158 if(perm instanceof FilePermission)
159 {
160 String actions =
perm.getActions();
161 if("read".equals(actions))
162 {
163 // Must be able to read
timezone info etc. in the java
164 // installation
directory.
165 //
166 File javaHome = new
File(System.getProperty("java.home"));
167 File accessedFile = new
File(perm.getName());
168 File fileDir =
accessedFile.getParentFile();
169 while(fileDir != null)
170 {
171
if(fileDir.equals(javaHome))
172 return;
173 fileDir =
fileDir.getParentFile();
174 }
175 }
176 throw new
SecurityException(perm.getActions() + " on " + perm.getName());
177 }
178 super.assertPermission(perm);
179 }
180 };