Re: AW: Crack Warez Links,,Anonymous Posting Kit,,New--Anon ymousMAIL BOMB

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Zeugswetter Andreas SB <ZeugswetterA(at)wien(dot)spardat(dot)at>
Cc: "'The Hermit Hacker'" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, "'pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: AW: Crack Warez Links,,Anonymous Posting Kit,,New--Anon ymousMAIL BOMB
Date: 2000-05-04 09:27:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 4 May 2000, Zeugswetter Andreas SB wrote:

> With a simple pop account is there a way to avoid downloading the spam
> over my slow modem line ? That is, make it bounce from the pop server ?
> How do you guys avoid private spam ?

I control my own domain and since there are no customers on michvhf.com
I make sure anyone who connects to my SMTP port has working reverse DNS,
I have a long list of domains that spam regularly, another list of IP
blocks that have been spamming and I use MAPS. According to the logs,
all of these are turning around more than 100 spams a day - and I still
get (on some days) 50-100 more that actually get around all of that. I
also use some disposable email addresses so I can see where the address
was culled from and drop the address when it happens. Not very successful
tho - I guess I can only call it 50% at times.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com http://www.pop4.net
128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com
Online Giftshop Superstore http://www.cloudninegifts.com