AW: Crack Warez Links,,Anonymous Posting Kit,,New--Anon ymousMAIL BOMB

From: Zeugswetter Andreas SB <ZeugswetterA(at)wien(dot)spardat(dot)at>
To: "'The Hermit Hacker'" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: "'pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: AW: Crack Warez Links,,Anonymous Posting Kit,,New--Anon ymousMAIL BOMB
Date: 2000-05-04 08:44:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I'm starting to read the newsgroups myself, as there are posts getting
> there now that aren't hitting the lists, and, consequently,
> just getting
> dead air ... not many, mind you, but still, its one more user
> that MySQL
> isn't getting :)
>
> Quite frankly, one spam coming in out how *how many* proper posts,
> especially with the news<->mail gateway in place, isn't too
> bad ... now
> just have to figure out how that one got through :(

For me the problem is not spam that comes to the list, since that is indeed
not so much, but since the feed started I need a private spam filter,
which I did not need before.

With a simple pop account is there a way to avoid downloading the spam
over my slow modem line ? That is, make it bounce from the pop server ?
How do you guys avoid private spam ?

Andreas