Re: [CORE] Re: tomorrow

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>, Postgres Core List <pgsql-core(at)hub(dot)org>, Postgres Hackers List <hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [CORE] Re: tomorrow
Date: 1999-08-16 12:34:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> It would have been easier to find, but there were quite a few
> exhibits, including a large one from Oracle (oh oh, no way we're going
> to win this one, eh?...). It was great seeing a lot of the companies
> in the Linux/OpenSource market actually acting like real companies
> with booths, "demo girls", the whole schmear. FreeBSD had a large
> booth full of t-shirts, coffee mugs, and CDs; apparently they have a
> strong Bay area contingent.

Ya, the way I've heard it (might not have been this one), but the
FreeBSD'rs have been going ot Linux conventions with "free CDs" to give
away, but RedHat has been 'anal' about doing similar...

> So, that's the story, and I'm sticking to it. I stayed up in the area
> another couple of days working, so didn't get home until late Friday
> night.

thanks for going :) I'm glad we had a 'human' prescense at the awards...

Marc G. Fournier ICQ#7615664 IRC Nick: Scrappy
Systems Administrator @ hub.org