Re: [HACKERS] Re: [CORE] Re: tomorrow

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>, Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>, Postgres Core List <pgsql-core(at)hub(dot)org>, Postgres Hackers List <hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [CORE] Re: tomorrow
Date: 1999-08-16 12:29:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Second, my guess is that we are going to be getting one of these every
> year, so Marc will need to buy a display case, right? :-) If
> contribution to open source is a criteria, we will win easily next year.
> We just need a few cool'o features for >= 6.6.

*rofl* that would be most interesting to watch..."PostgreSQL wins award
15 years running!!" *grin*

> > What should I do with the trophy? Send it straight to Marc, or should
> > it travel a more indirect route, perhaps passing through Pennsylvania
> > and other places first? The box seems fairly sturdy, and if I put it
> > into a bigger box then it should travel OK.
>
> Sounds like that run they do for the Olympics with the torch. "The
> PostgreSQL award will be passing through your town on October 12th, at
> ..." We could have Linux user groups doing the running. :-)

Linux users can run? :)

> The big question is whether the box can make it to Russia.

I think we should get a "duplicate" made if we are going to have it do a
world tour or something like that, no? *rofl*

Marc G. Fournier ICQ#7615664 IRC Nick: Scrappy
Systems Administrator @ hub.org