reverse file descriptor to a file name...

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: reverse file descriptor to a file name...
Date: 1998-04-10 20:10:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi...

I want to add the filename (index) to the error message:

FATAL 1: btree: BTP_CHAIN flag was expected (access = 0)

At least then I can figure out which index to drop and rebuild,
instead of having to do them all :)

Now, looking at _bt_moveright(), it passes Relation, which, as
part of its structure, has 'rd_fd', which I'm assuming is the open file
descriptor for the index file its doing its search on...

Is there a method of taking rd_fd and figuring out the file name
it is associated with? I looked at fstat(), but that only appears to
return everything but the filename :(

Ideas...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org