RE: Reading pg mailing lists from mobile device ?

From: legrand legrand <legrand_legrand(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2020-06-15 20:17:08
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for this detailled answer.

I know https://www.postgresql.org/list/
and even more
https://www.postgresql.org/search/?m=1&q=

That works fine when searching a specific subject.

But my need is different, it is simply to get "news" and
see what where the latests messages

* sorted by "date" desc,
* "within last day"
* optionally restricted to a mailing list
* (my need being more excluding mailing list(s) ...)

And this is not possible or difficult here because:

1/ "Search term" is mandatory.
I have tried some kind of wild-card (*, %, 2020, from, @ ...) without success
(and now that I know where is the source code, I will have a look inside).

2/ when arriving to the result list, all the space is consummed by the message-ID URL,
that is useless on mobile device, where user are searching few informations like:

* message title
* message last author and date
* mailing list name

3/ when entering the message (that also contains the message-id, and here it is the proper place),
all the space is consummed by "quick links",
that is useless in mobile device o:( home logo is enough)

Regarding Mobile usage stats, maybe we could ask to nabble ? I would also be pleased
to hear from others, and confirm that this use case is not so crazy (for those travelling without
their notebook for exemple).

Regards
PAscal