Re: Certifications in military environment

From: Richard_D_Levine(at)raytheon(dot)com
To: Jeff Amiel <jamiel(at)istreamimaging(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Certifications in military environment
Date: 2004-11-18 17:24:17
Lists: pgsql-general

Jeff,

Your Googler must be busted....

http://www.ncstech.com/weblogic/www/what/index.jsp?page=six&&cs=landwarrior

http://www.dpi.inpe.br/geopro/referencias/shekar_spatial_databases.pdf

http://www.waterwatch.com/process/plan-datamanage.htm

Rick

Jeff Amiel
<jamiel(at)istreamimaging(dot) To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
com> cc:
Sent by: Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Certifications in military environment
pgsql-general-owner(at)pos
tgresql.org

11/18/2004 11:40 AM

Not to question your data, but where did the info about the navy and
army using it come from? I saw nothing on the advocacy site nor did any
google search for press releases come up with anything.....I'd actually
love to know how/where they are using it...

Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> PostgreSQL is use in several branches of the government. Including:
>
> Sandia Labs
> Forestry Service
> Navy
> Army
> NOAA
>
> It is also used by several states including:
>
> Utah and California
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Joshua D. Drake

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster