PostgreSQL vs. MySQL

From: Vratislav_Morkus(at)lmc(dot)cz
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL vs. MySQL
Date: 2005-08-01 16:44:50
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,
I am sorry for a stupid easy question, but I'am PostgreSQL novice.
Our development team has encountered problem with trying to install and
maintain cluster (pgcluster) on our production database. So they have
decided to switch the entire solution to MySql database.
a) have you got any good/bad experience with administering and running
cluster on PostrgeSQL DB?
b) would u switch PostgreSQL to MySql (7.4 --> 4.1) and why?

thx for any answer
Vrata