Re: reading command from file

From: "Devinder K Rajput" <Devinder(dot)Rajput(at)ipaper(dot)com>
To: "Rosta Farzan" <rosta(at)sn432s03(dot)sci(dot)csuhayward(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-novice-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: reading command from file
Date: 2003-01-16 00:09:34
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi Rosta,

try:
psql db_name < file_name

regards,

Devinder Rajput
Stores Division Corporate Offices
Chicago, IL
(773) 442-6474

"Rosta Farzan" <rosta(at)sn432s03(dot)sci(dot)csuhayward(dot)edu>
Sent by: pgsql-novice-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
01/15/2003 03:50 PM

To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
cc:
Subject: [NOVICE] reading command from file

Hi everybody

I need help in how to read sql commands from file instead of typing in
postgres (psql) command line. I mean I have a file which includes for
example a create table command and I want to load it to postgres created
database. Would you please help me with this.
Thanks,
Rosta

Rosta Farzan
Laboratory for Adaptive Hypermedia and Assistive Technologies
Department of Math and Computer Science CSU Hayward
rosta(at)acc(dot)csuhayward(dot)edu
(510) 885-4026