Re: Re: TODO list

From: "Ken Hirsch" <kahirsch(at)bellsouth(dot)net>
To: "PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: TODO list
Date: 2001-04-05 20:25:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > > TODO updated. I know we did number 2, but did we agree on #1 and is
it
> > > done?
> >
> > #2 is indeed done. #1 is not done, and possibly not agreed to ---
> > I think Vadim had doubts about its usefulness, though personally I'd
> > like to see it.
>
> That was my recollection too. This was the discussion about testing the
> disk hardware. #1 removed.

What is recommended in the bible (Gray and Reuter), especially for larger
disk block sizes that may not be written atomically, is to have a word at
the end of the that must match a word at the beginning of the block. It
gets changed each time you write the block.

Ken Hirsch
All your database are belong to us.