Vacuum problem

From: "Peter Darley" <pdarley(at)kinesis-cem(dot)com>
To: "Pgsql-General" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Vacuum problem
Date: 2002-08-12 22:01:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Friends,
I have a problem with my database: whenever I do a vacuum I get a message
that reads:

NOTICE: RelationBuildDesc: can't open pg_temp_25807_9: No such file or
directory
ERROR: _mdfd_getrelnfd: cannot open relation pg_temp_25807_9: No such file
or directory

It seems that a temp table was dropped from the db without being deleted
from pg_class.

My questions are these: Is this an indication that there's something
horribly wrong with my db? If I just delete the record from pg_class
(delete from pg_class where relname='pg_temp_25807_9';) will I cause more
harm to the db or fix the problem? If I do have a big problem, what
suggestions do people have for resolving it?

Thanks,
Peter Darley