PostgreSQL Installation on a Windows 10 Workstation

From: Chris Campbell <ccampbell(at)cascadeds(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-in-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-in-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL Installation on a Windows 10 Workstation
Date: 2017-11-01 19:43:12
Lists: pgsql-in-general

Hello Group.

Stupid question but at least I can say I asked the professionals.

I have a client that has installed PostgreSQL 9.5.x (and the data cluster) on a Windows 10 workstation. Two other workstations access the host workstation via a peer to peer network (port 5432). Curiously, when the user at the host workstation "locks" their PC (goes to lunch, whatever), the other users lose their connections to PostgreSQL.

I realize that this is really more of a "Windows" question than a PostgreSQL question, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience/environment and if they've been able to get around the connection loss by allowing the port to remain open and active.

Thanks.

Chris Campbell | Software Engineer
C A S C A D E D A T A S O L U T I O N S
(800) 280-2090