RE: Postgresql Drivers

From: SCHATTLE Kelly <kelly(dot)schattle(at)hexagon(dot)com>
To: Kevin Salisbury <Kevin(dot)Salisbury(at)twinmro(dot)com>, "pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Postgresql Drivers
Date: 2018-10-01 16:48:48
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi Kevin,

It’s excellent to know you are a Hexagon customer! I’ve tried the odbc drivers from https://odbc.postgresql.org/ . I am using them to connect to a Jira database employees use to record time on their projects. Unfortunately, these drivers are giving me issues on a few large columns.

[Source [84]] Error: Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) error occurred. state: '01004'. Native Error Code: -2. Fetched item was truncated. What’s happening the drivers are not reading the correct size. It wants to make the column 255 characters in length when it is a max (4000) column.

I know there are Devart drivers; however, it is not free.

Kind Regards,
Kelly

Kelly Schattle
Business Intelligence Analyst
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence
T: +1 401.886.2240
E: Kelly(dot)Schattle(at)hexagon(dot)com<mailto:Kelly(dot)Schattle(at)hexagon(dot)com>

Hexagon Metrology, Inc.
250 Circuit Drive
North Kingstown, RI 02852