AW: [Extern] Re: how to completely turn off statement error logging

From: "Zwettler Markus (OIZ)" <Markus(dot)Zwettler(at)zuerich(dot)ch>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: AW: [Extern] Re: how to completely turn off statement error logging
Date: 2024-05-13 15:00:04
Lists: pgsql-general

please let me refine.

I would like to suppress all errors in the server logfile coming from client applications, i.e. statement level errors such as "duplicate key violates..."

but I do not want to suppress errors that are related to infrastructure problems, i.e. "could not open file..."

if I set log_min_messages higher than ERROR, errors concerning the infrastructure would also be suppressed, wouldn't they?

thanks, markus