Re: how to completely turn off statement error logging

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Zwettler Markus (OIZ)" <Markus(dot)Zwettler(at)zuerich(dot)ch>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: how to completely turn off statement error logging
Date: 2024-05-13 15:14:59
Lists: pgsql-general

On Monday, May 13, 2024, Zwettler Markus (OIZ) <Markus(dot)Zwettler(at)zuerich(dot)ch>
wrote:

> but I do not want to suppress errors that are related to infrastructure
> problems, i.e. "could not open file..."

The server doesn’t classify the errors it emits into scope, “application
errors” and ”infrastructure errors”, or otherwise. The only classification
is severity.

It does include an SQL Error Code that you could, in post-processing, act
on.

David J.