Re: contrib Makefiles

From: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: contrib Makefiles
Date: 2002-08-15 05:21:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au> writes:
> > Is it possible to have two different functions in the .so that
> can be made
> > into two different postgres funtions, both referencing the same .so?
>
> Certainly, what's the problem there? Offhand I can't think of any
> contrib modules that only define one function...

OK then,

I guess my question would be that currently fulltextindex generates SQL like
this:

create function fti() returns opaque as
'$libdir/fti'
language 'C';

So it references the fti.so, but where does it say what function to actually
run in fti.so? Or is it assumed in C functions that the function to call in
the shared object is the same as the name of the function???

Chris