General Performance questions

From: "Delao, Darryl W" <ddelao(at)ou(dot)edu>
To: "'pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "'pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: General Performance questions
Date: 2003-03-11 14:14:57
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-novice

I have been monitoring netstat -c on my db server for a few days now. I am
trying to determine if when I see a postgres connection, if that is indeed
just 1 connection or if it is a bunch of connections tied up in 1. The
other day I had postgres set to a limit of 128 connections, and that was
reached. But at no time while monitoring netstat -c did I see 128
connections! At this point, im assuming that netstat-c does not provide an
accurate count of current connections. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Darryl