PgAdmin cannot locate my server

From: John Scalia <jayknowsunix(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PgAdmin cannot locate my server
Date: 2023-04-17 17:44:50
Lists: pgsql-admin

I’ve got something really weird going on. My laptop can easily find my PLE production (production like environment) using a normal nslookup, but PgAdmin emits an error saying could not translate host name “ple.mydomain.com” host to address: Unknown host

So where is PgAdmin looking regarding DNS entries? I would think that if the laptop can find it, that any app running on it should be able to do so.

Jay

Sent from my iPad6