Re: Add Pgfe library to client interfaces

From: Steve Atkins <steve(at)blighty(dot)com>
To: pgsql-docs <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add Pgfe library to client interfaces
Date: 2018-06-28 14:13:29
Lists: pgsql-docs

> On Jun 28, 2018, at 7:03 AM, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se> wrote:
>
>> On 28 Jun 2018, at 15:32, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 05:56:34PM +0300, Dmitry Igrishin wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Could we please add Pgfe client library to the external interfaces section?
>>>
>>> Patch is attached.
>>
>> Is everyone good with adding this? Is it too new?
>
> Since the linked repository readme states "ATTENTION, this software is "beta"
> quality", does it makes more sense to just list it on the wiki for now (which
> it already is on the Client_Libraries page).

Probably. There are interfaces I know have been in widespread use for
a decade or more that aren't listed in the manual, so adding a WIP might
not be the most appropriate thing.

Finishing up that wiki page (I think Go is the main thing I didn't get around
to adding yet) and linking to it from somewhere obvious is probably a good
idea, though.

Cheers,
Steve