Re: Add Pgfe library to client interfaces

From: Dmitry Igrishin <dmitigr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: daniel(at)yesql(dot)se
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, pgsql-docs <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add Pgfe library to client interfaces
Date: 2018-06-28 22:31:31
Lists: pgsql-docs

чт, 28 июн. 2018 г. в 17:03, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>:

> > On 28 Jun 2018, at 15:32, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 05:56:34PM +0300, Dmitry Igrishin wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> Could we please add Pgfe client library to the external interfaces
> section?
> >>
> >> Patch is attached.
> >
> > Is everyone good with adding this? Is it too new?
>
> Since the linked repository readme states "ATTENTION, this software is
> "beta"
> quality", does it makes more sense to just list it on the wiki for now
> (which
> it already is on the Client_Libraries page).

You are right. On the other hand, "H.1. Client Interfaces" refers to the
external projects.
I.e., by definition, PGDG is *not* responsible for the quality of these
projects.
I honestly noted that my library is on "beta" stage, and this is *my*
subjective opinion.
Does this mean specifically that this project can not be mentioned in the
documentation?
I *my* subjective opinion - no. Therefore, if someone refers to my opinion
about the "beta",
then why should he not refer to my opinion regarding the mention of my
library in the official
documentation? It seems to *me* logical.
But, please note. I don't insist on my proposal. I just think I did some
thing for PostgreSQL,
which is worthy of mention in the PostgreSQL documentation. That's all.

PS. I glad that my library is mentioned in the wiki. Thank you all!