PG 7.0.2 Install

From: "Darrin Ladd" <darrin_ladd(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PG 7.0.2 Install
Date: 2000-08-18 16:36:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am trying to install 7.0.2 on an alpha box running Red Hat Linux 6.2. I
was told that the 7.0.2 rpm's have an alpha patch in them and that would be
the best bet for success. Yet, I have run into a little problem. When I
try to install the rpm (rpm -i postgresql-7_0_2-2_i386.rpm) I get errors
stating failed dependencies on some of the 'so's (specifically libc.so.6,
libcrpyt.so.1, libdl.so.2, libm.so.6, libnsl.so.1). It is true that those
are not there. In my /lib/ directory there are symbolic links for all of
these with a '.1' suffix pointing to another file (ie: libc.so.6.1 ->
libc.2.3.1.so). Therefore, along those lines, I added the missing 'so's as
symbolic links to the original file. This did not resolve the failed
dependencies. It seems that rpm doesn't recognize that those symbolic links
are there. I tried rebuilding the rpm database, but that didn't seem to
make any difference. I am out of ideas, does any one have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Darrin