COLUMNAR postgreSQL ?

From: "Juan Bru" <juan_bru(at)yahoo(dot)es>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: COLUMNAR postgreSQL ?
Date: 2011-09-20 07:48:05
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

Is there any plan to develop a PostgreSQL Columnar release?

I'm a researcher in the scope of Health (computer scientist, DBA
background), used to work very well with PostgrSQL. Recently I'm facing
analysis on 100M record tables so a columnar database could be a better
option, but I would like to stay using postgreSQL.

Thanks in advance

Juan Bru

http://www.linkedin.com/in/juanbru