[Pljava-dev] Building pl/java on OS/X (Mountain Lion)

From: hal(dot)hildebrand at me(dot)com (Hal Hildebrand)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Building pl/java on OS/X (Mountain Lion)
Date: 2012-10-14 00:01:09
Lists: pljava-dev

Sadly, I am not successful at having pl/java work from this binary build. Perhaps some kind soul will know how to make this work, but here's what I've tried:

dynamic_library_path = $libdir:'/Library/PostgreSQL/9.2/pljava/'
log_min_messages = info
custom_variable_classes = 'pljava'
pljava.classpath = '/Library/PostgreSQL/9.2/pljava/pljava.jar'

I have put the pljava.so and *.jars in /Library/PostgreSQL/9.2/pljava

This results with the startup of the postmaster with :
10/13/12 4:52:01.866 PM com.apple.launchd[1]: (com.edb.launchd.postgresql-9.2[1778]) Exited with code: 1
10/13/12 4:52:01.866 PM com.apple.launchd[1]: (com.edb.launchd.postgresql-9.2) Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

I then tried to rename pljava.so to pljava.dynlib. Same result. I've chown'd the files to root and postgres, still the same result. I moved pljava.dynlib to /Library/PostgreSQL/lib, with the same results (I commented out the dynamic_library_path, when I tried that).

So at this point, I'm out of ideas. I haven't programmed in C for over a decade and never on the Mac so I'm not going to think up anything brilliant.

Hopefully someone out there has either done this or has some idea of what I'm doing wrong and can give a shout out...

-Hal