[Pljava-dev] Building pl/java on OS/X (Mountain Lion)

From: hal(dot)hildebrand at me(dot)com (Hal Hildebrand)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Building pl/java on OS/X (Mountain Lion)
Date: 2012-10-13 17:39:11
Lists: pljava-dev

So, I've managed to get a clean build of this, but haven't actually gone through the process of verifying it. Will do so later this weekend and post the results. Here's what I had to do to get this to work.

First, make sure you're using Java 1.6. PL/Java will compile with errors and die.

Make sure you have XCode 4.5. However, for some reason I can't fathom, the build wants to use the 10.6 framework, which doesn't exist in XCode 4.5. After much pain and suffering, I found this link http://www.jamesgeorge.org/uploads/MacOSX10.6.sdk.zip, which you can use to install the 10.6 framework for 4.5. The contents of this file should be expanded into /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk

Make sure that you have the postgres binaries in your path. I used the enterprise DB installation for 9.2 and have PATH=/Library/Postgres/9.2/bin:$PATH.

Make sure that you have the PORTNAME environment variable set to "darwin".

Then everything should just work for the make.

As I said, I haven't validated this so I'll be doing that, but fingers crossed....