Re: character sets and results

From: Alaric B Snell <abs(at)frontwire(dot)com>
To: Graham Leggett <minfrin(at)sharp(dot)fm>, Postgresql JDBC <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: character sets and results
Date: 2002-03-14 11:08:57
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Thursday 14 March 2002 10:41, Graham Leggett wrote:
> When the code returns the data (using standard SQL select statements)
> the accented characters are replaced with a "?" character.

I've found that if you create the database with UNICODE encoding, JDBC 'just
works' with respect to accented chars - I presume this is thanks to Java
natively using UTF-8 for strings!

I've not tried this with any characters beyond the range of Latin1, though.

ABS

--
Alaric B. Snell, Technical
abs(at)frontwire(dot)com