Re: character sets and results

From: Graham Leggett <minfrin(at)sharp(dot)fm>
To: Alaric B Snell <abs(at)frontwire(dot)com>, Postgresql JDBC <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: character sets and results
Date: 2002-03-14 11:37:04
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Alaric B Snell wrote:

> I've found that if you create the database with UNICODE encoding, JDBC 'just
> works' with respect to accented chars - I presume this is thanks to Java
> natively using UTF-8 for strings!
>
> I've not tried this with any characters beyond the range of Latin1, though.

Trouble is the two pieces of code both access the same database - but
one works, and the other doesn't. I cannot seem to figure out why, apart
from the odd connection broker (for which I have no source) used in the
code that works. This is why I assume there is some method during
connection to set the character set - but I cannot find it in the docs.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin(at)sharp(dot)fm "There's a moon
over Bourbon Street