Re: Single Line Query Logging

From: Emre ÖZTÜRK <emreozturk(at)outlook(dot)com>
To: Pavan Deolasee <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-in-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-in-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Single Line Query Logging
Date: 2013-07-10 10:14:22
Lists: pgsql-in-general

Thanks for the answer. OK I will subscribe the mailing list you mentioned. I will also try your answer.

Emre ÖZTÜRK

From: pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 15:24:55 +0530
Subject: Re: [pgsql-in-general] Single Line Query Logging
To: emreozturk(at)outlook(dot)com
CC: pgsql-in-general(at)postgresql(dot)org

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 3:17 PM, Emre ÖZTÜRK <emreozturk(at)outlook(dot)com> wrote:

Hello all,

Is there a parameter to log any SQL query as a single line in audit logs? I have some problems in my SIEM application. If a DBA sends the query as a single line I can gather the whole query, but if he enters like

UPDATE x .......
where ......

I only get the line starts with UPDATE then I can not see what is really changed in my SIEM logs. I have heard that there is a parameter do what I mean. Do you agree?

Try debug_pretty_print = off (though I haven't used that myself). BTW, this is a India specific list and the chances of you getting a better and timely answer are better if you post on pgsql-general.

Thanks,Pavan
--
Pavan Deolasee