Bash Scripting Best

From: Hendré Louw <hendre(at)lot24media(dot)co(dot)za>
Subject: Bash Scripting Best
Date: 2013-10-18 06:34:05
Lists: pgsql-in-general

Hallo

I want to encapsulate the initial creation and long term maintenance a
database and tables inside bash scripts. What are the best practices for
the structure and content of these document?

- What do I need to include in the script?
- How do I handle future changes to the database ?
- How do I structure Bash, SQL and PL/pgSQL code?
- How do I handle authentication?

​Best Regards, ​
Hendré