Re: Shutdown Order with Primary/Standby?

From: Scott Whitney <scott(at)journyx(dot)com>
To: Don Seiler <don(at)seiler(dot)us>, "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Shutdown Order with Primary/Standby?
Date: 2017-08-10 18:10:12
Lists: pgsql-admin

Exactly what I would do, yes.

________________________________
From: pgsql-admin-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org <pgsql-admin-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org> on behalf of Don Seiler <don(at)seiler(dot)us>
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2017 12:59 PM
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [ADMIN] Shutdown Order with Primary/Standby?

Extending that scenario, if you had a cascading standby, would you go primary -> upstream standby -> downstream standby?

die Seilerwerks<http://www.seiler.us/>
www.seiler.us
We use VictorOps for our paging/notification system, and we're pretty happy with it so far. On the DBA team, we've just been using a simple email gateway to send ...

Journyx, Inc.
7600 Burnet Road #300
Austin, TX 78757
www.journyx.com