using TEMP with the VACUUM function

From: Wing Kin Chong <Wing(dot)Chong(at)mii(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: using TEMP with the VACUUM function
Date: 2024-07-01 04:08:13
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi Team,

The VACUUM function currently doesn't use the system Environment Variables "TEMP" or "TMP"
So, if the database size is over 100 GB,
We have to make sure, there is 250 GB of free disk space,
You need 2.5 times free disk space on the database disk to run the VACUUM function.

Can your team look into this,
Allow the VACUUM function using the system Environment Variables "TEMP" or "TMP" please.

Regards

Wing CHONG
Senior Developer | Buildsoft
p: 02 4626 4909 | w: buildsoft.com.au<http://www.buildsoft.com.au/>
[Connect with us via LinkedIn]

[Check out our instructional videos on Youtube]

[Connect with us on Facebook]

MiTek Inc. and its subsidiaries are a global operating company that serves its residential and commercial customers in North America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, and Asia Pacific. Additional information about our corporate organization is available at www.mii.com/corporate-structure/. MiTek Holdings, Inc.. All Rights Reserved ---- This communication (including any attachments) contains information which is confidential and may also be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s), please note that any distribution, copying, or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and then destroy any copies of it. If the disclaimer can't be applied, take no action.