ANALYZE error

From: "David Witham" <davidw(at)unidial(dot)com(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ANALYZE error
Date: 2004-03-09 04:22:51
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi all,

I run a cron job at 2am every night to do an ANALYZE on my whole database:

su - postgres -c 'echo analyze | /usr/bin/psql buns | grep -v ANALYZE'

Its a batch oriented database so there is no user activity on it at this time. The only other job that could be running is a vacuum I run at 1am but I don't think it would take an hour to run. Occasionally I get this error message from the analyze job:

ERROR: simple_heap_update: tuple concurrently updated

What does this mean and should I do anything about it?

Thanks,

David Witham
Telephony Platforms Architect
Unidial