Re: ANALYZE error

From: "Iain" <iain(at)mst(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "David Witham" <davidw(at)unidial(dot)com(dot)au>, <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ANALYZE error
Date: 2004-03-09 05:15:35
Lists: pgsql-sql

>>The only other job that could be running is a vacuum I run at 1am but I
don't think it would take an hour to run.

Famous last words... :-) It should be easy to check this, but I don't know
if that is a likely source of problems anyway.

If I were you I'd just do VACUUM ANALYSE in one comand. It would certainly
eliminate that as a factor.

At this stage you have no idea which table it occurs on, or if it always
happens on the same table, or at the same time, am I right? Failing any more
useful response from those with more internal knowledge you may have to
resort to collecting information and trying to isolate the problem.

It would be a good idea to give all the relevant version numbers too

regards
iain