Re: BUG #16868: Cannot find sqlstat error codes.

From: bipsy Nair <nbipin29(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Euler Taveira <euler(at)eulerto(dot)com>, "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #16868: Cannot find sqlstat error codes.
Date: 2021-02-17 23:55:17
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Please advice on this issue. It points its a issue with Postgres which is
not providing the SQLSTATE Error code.

I dug a bit deeper and found that the big library "psycopg2" interfaces
directly with the Postgresql C lib (the major header being libpq-fe.h).
Here is confirmation from that library's author:

https://github.com/psycopg/psycopg2/issues/1240

That being said, if all Botocore does is call AWS's internals to get a
response, then chances are it's not a botocore issue.

The full boto logs show that the response from the request to
http://internal.amazon.com/coral/com.amazon.rdsdataservice/ doesn't contain
the SQLSTATE. This is what leads me to think that it's potentially a
problem in the RDS Postgres internals.

Thank you,

Bipin