Re: default privileges are npt working

From: Muhammad Usman Khan <usman(dot)k(at)bitnine(dot)net>
To: Atul Kumar <akumar14871(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: default privileges are npt working
Date: 2024-08-30 11:23:30
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi.
I think the ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES command affects only tables that are
created after the command is executed. Tables created by the writer user
before you executed the ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES command would not
automatically have select privileges granted to the reader user. You can
try by explicitly granting select privileges on the existing tables to the
reader user.