UI not responsive until postgresql restart

From: Michael Monerau <michael(dot)monerau(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: UI not responsive until postgresql restart
Date: 2019-07-17 15:34:57
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello,

I use pgadmin 4.10, postgresql 11.3 on Fedora 30.

Whenever I log into pgadmin for the first time in a session, I can't move
around in the databases and it keeps "loading" with loading circles in the
tree layout.

To unblock this, I found out that running "sudo service postgresql restart"
solves the issue immediately, and then everything works fine.

Here is the stats dashboard just after the restart, when everything goes
back to normal:

[image: image.png]

You can see there is a huge spike, and it must be the reason why it gets
stuck.

On similar occasions, I already saw such charts, with the number going
symetrically (like a sinus) in similar positive & negative values.

It is not a huge pain, because restarting the server fixes the issue. But
maybe there is a way to avoid / fix this altogether? Or investigate? Or
it's not on pgadmin side?

Best,
Michael