Re: UI not responsive until postgresql restart

From: Michael Monerau <michael(dot)monerau(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: UI not responsive until postgresql restart
Date: 2019-07-25 09:06:38
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

I'm not sure that's something you want to investigate, but to arouse your
curiosity, here is another screenshot of the 100% reproducible behaviour on
my Fedora 30 box:

[image: image.png]

It looks like there is definitely an issue with the way the initial
requests are sent in this configuration. It is reproducible (each time I
restart).
The requests end up working in the end, but you can see it's hung in a
whole bunch of useless stuff.

Anyway, it looks weird to have the UI show negative values for counts. An
indication that it may be worth investigating in my opinion.

The 32000-ish +/- value may indicate it has something to do with a bug with
16bits integers and the first bit for sign. At least in the UI.

Best,
Michael