Re: Exporting float_to_shortest_decimal_buf(n) with Postgres 17 on Windows

From: Andrew Kane <andrew(at)ankane(dot)org>
To: Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Exporting float_to_shortest_decimal_buf(n) with Postgres 17 on Windows
Date: 2024-09-13 22:26:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Probably a Windows thing?

Correct, it's only on Windows.

> I do see a fair amount of special handling for f2s.c in the build files.
wonder if something got broken for Windows in the switch from the MSVC
scripts to meson.

This was my hunch as well since none of the source files changed. Also,
neither function is present with `dumpbin /EXPORTS /SYMBOLS
lib\postgres.lib`, which led me to believe it may need to be addressed
upstream.

- Andrew