Re: Odd pg dump error: cache lookup failure

From: Wells Oliver <wells(dot)oliver(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Odd pg dump error: cache lookup failure
Date: 2020-08-24 20:06:59
Lists: pgsql-admin

12.4. Both of those queries return no rows, with and without those options
set.

We do do some nightly processing of data during the same window, in which
views are re-materialized: would that cause this issue? No non-temporary
tables are dropped or re-created, though.

On Mon, Aug 24, 2020 at 12:08 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
wrote:

> On 2020-Aug-24, Wells Oliver wrote:
>
> > My pg_dump scripts have been bombing lately, and this is the error I see
> > bit into the backup process:
> >
> > pg_dump: error: query failed: ERROR: cache lookup failed for attribute 1
> > of relation 1152770777
>
> What pg version is this, and can you run the query directly using psql
> and have it throw the same error? What do
> select * from pg_class where oid = '1152770777'
> and
> select * from pg_attribute where attrelid = '1152770777'
> show? If the latter fails to show an entry for attnum=1, does it
> magically appear if you do
> SET enable_indexscan=off;
> SET enable_bitmapscan=off;
> prior to running the query?
>
> --
> Álvaro Herrera https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Wells Oliver
wells(dot)oliver(at)gmail(dot)com <wellsoliver(at)gmail(dot)com>